Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Apologies to Mr. Varvatos

         "Apologies to Mr. Varvatos"    7/27/2010    photograph

This is the first photograph I’ve taken with art in mind.

There’s a story behind this photo.

I bought these shoes a few years back. They are a pair of Converse shoes designed by John Varvatos. They came with a dustbag, because apparently they are meant to be handled with a great deal of care, unfortunately things didn’t work out that way. These were my favorite shoes for a long time. They were my go-to pair for both everyday use and getting dressed up. But, I abused them! Now they are all torn up and stained. The navy color faded to a dirty blue and the soles are falling off! I only wear them to the gym these days. It's a shame considering how great they looked when they first came in the mail.  So now I'm feeling a bit guilty, and I would just like to apologize to Mr. Varvatos for ruining his shoes.

-HG
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: